On today's Gluten Free Best Friend episode we make Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies!
Watch the full episode here!
Interested in making these at home?
Here is what you will need to make them yourself!
1/4 cup of room temperature butter
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of white sugar
11/4 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 cup of almond butter
2 cups of gluten free rolled oats (We used bob's Red Mill)
What you need to do...
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Beat the butter in a bowl until smooth
3. Add both sugars and mix with the butter
4. Add your eggs, baking soda, vanilla and salt and beat until smooth
5. Add almond butter and peanut butter and mix
6. Using a spoon stir in the gluten free oats
7. Put spoon-fulls of the dough onto a buttered cookie sheet a few inches apart
8. Pop those babies in the oven and you are 10-12 minutes away from some oooey gooey deliciousness!
Let us know what you think about this recipe! Feel free to get creative and add anything your heart desires! We recommend chocolate chips, almonds, raisins, dried cherries, dried blueberries, coconut flakes, or flax seed. Probably not all at once :)
We would also love to hear your suggestions for other cookies, desserts, or sweet treats you want us to make gluten free!
Thanks for watching!